Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Project #1 - The Den

This project is the one most pressing at this time & the one I want to work on the least...at least at this point. The trouble is I've already moved ahead about 15 steps in my mind and am busy picking out a new couch, wall paint, sanding the floors...

Meet step 1 - Empty out the room


As you can see I have made some progress. Items have come off the shelves and some boxes have been filled. Some sorting of items has taken place, but I'll be honest, there's a lot of procrastination happening. For example, I got up after having a cup of tea, determined to take boxes downstairs and instead, I'm writing a new blog post. Oliver is judging me as you can see from this photo.



When we first bought the house, I quite liked the built in shelves in the room. It was great for storing books when the piano was in the room. However, it quickly became a hold-all for various papers, magazines, etc. that I just wanted out of the kitchen. Because this room is going to be a tv room/den, the built ins are coming out so we can fit in a new entertainment unit.



This is the mess at the other end of the room. Too many boxes of books!

I love the chair in the corner, but I'm quickly realizing there might not be room for it in our reorganization. Oh well, it's done me well for a $5 flea market chair that I painted a few years ago.

Stay tuned for some of my den inspiration...

Below is a completely gratuitous photo of a gecko we met on our Hawaiian holiday in December.

No comments: