Saturday, August 7, 2010

Eat, Work, Exercise

This is my life these days. It's been a long time since my last post, but seeing my holiday photos from my Beverly Hills trip was the kicker to get my butt off the couch and start taking care of myself. I've had no time for my blog, crafting, really anything for the past 3 months.

I honestly thought this blog was a goner. I kind of lost the interest for a while, but the draw of an online diary of sorts is pretty strong. I just couldn't abandon my OliverRain persona.

This is what I've been doing...



Trying hard to cut processed food out of my diet. I've been trying to follow the Eat Clean Diet. Five small meals a day, lots of water...It feels great and my entire family has been eating better and healthier than ever. It takes a lot of planning though.



I have been in a temporary part-time position at the hospital since early April and I'm working well over full-time hours. For some reason, all the babies in town want to be born early these days and our unit is full to bursting most days. As much as I love the work, it's really quite exhausting...and I've had no time for summer holidays. Fortunately, it will end soon. Unfortunately it ends about the time the weather starts to cool off.



And exercising. There's been lots and lots of exercising. I started out with relatively easyDVD workouts, but then I heard about Turbo Fire, order it, and now it's kicking my butt (in a really good way). But working out for a approximately 1 hour per day is a big commitment. However, it has quickly become addictive so now I'm lost if I don't work out. I love the high I get from high-intensity exercise.

So there it is...my life right now. I find more balance in my life and bring my blog back full time. Sooner than later, I hope.

What are all you up to right now?

1 comment:

Shana said...

OK, you're totally blowing my cover of "I can't start an exercising program right now, I'm too busy at work." Sheesh, thanks a lot.

Nice to see you on your blog : )