Tuesday, November 18, 2008

On the subject of swaps

I have participated in a lot of swaps this past year that I've had my blog. 

There was the Toadstool Swap from last spring.

My toadstool

And this lovely one with a matching jar

And of course, all those Sassy Aprons - Fall, Summer, & Spring - respectively

And the aprons I received from other swappers

Finally, there was the Zombie Swap this past October.

Oh yeah, and the Club Little House Swap

All of my swaps have been successful. I've been lucky to have great partners. The items I've received have been so beautifully made with attention to my special preferences and style. And I think my items have been received well by those I made them for. With the exception of one apron...

Remember that fun little number from October with the tulle around the hem & the hand-crocheted lace. I loved that apron and when I look at it in pictures, I wish I'd kept it for myself. Sadly, I never heard back from the girl I sent the apron too, despite contacting her. She never even responded to the swap organizer. We don't know whether she liked it, or even received it. This makes me feel sad, but I guess it can't always work out.

Plus, out of 5 swaps, one bad one was not bad odds.

And I can't wait to see what Club Little House brings next month.

4 comments:

Saucy said...

So you didn't get a swap apron back from her, either? I hate it when that happens. Most people take swaps pretty seriously.

You will lurrve Club Little House. The day the parcel arrives, charge your camera battery, pour some tea for you and Lizzie and treat it like Christmas morning. Start practicing your "oohs" and "ahhs" now! You'll need it.

3rdEyeMuse said...

I'm sorry bout the one girl not responding, but since she didn't you can just pretend that she was so over the top thrilled with it that she danced herself to utter exhaustion and has been in a deep deep sleep ever since ... you never know, it could have happened that way. :)

Madge said...

very cool. love the toadstool

curious and curiouser... said...

I love visiting all the sites that post about Club Little House - I can't wait to see what your swap is either :)

And your toadstool is adorable.