Want to hear some of the things that have made the list over the years. Some are obviously more my ideas that Javier's
When I have a job....
- A maid will clean the house on a weekly or biweekly basis.
- Javier and I will be able to buy all the clothes we want. I hope to stop looking like an escapee from the show, What Not to Wear. I'm serious folks. It's not pretty some days.
- We will travel, travel, travel.
- I will have pretty nails and toes once again because I will go for regular manicures and pedicures. Washing your hands 50 times a day and being on your feet for 8 hours at a time takes a toll. And maybe, just maybe, I'll get them to wax my eyebrows while I'm at it.
- We will buy art for our walls so people don't think we just moved in.
- Javier and I will both get laser eye surgery. He gets to go first, because he paid for my braces a few years ago.
- We will finish decorating our third floor loft so it looks more like a media/entertainment room and less like a DVD warehouse.
- Fresh flowers will fill my vases around the house.
- I will replace my mismatched everyday china
There are certain suggestions that come up out of frustration, such as
- Next time I will PAY someone to paint this blankety-blank-blank fence.
Other suggestions are merely wishing thinking, as in
- We are moving to [insert tropical destition with ocean view] so I (Javier) can set up a beach hut and surf all day.
What's on your "When I...." list?