I've been trying to think of what I'd like to accomplish this year, resolutions if you will. I briefly considered joining NaBloPoMo again for January. The theme is CHANGE, which is pretty much my life right now. Life is a bit crazy right now as I make the transition from a student to a working girl and December has been a month of adaptation and change.
1. The most important resolution for me is to become organized! I'm quickly learning that working casual shifts means that I can never count on having a day off to get things done. I planned to spend the day tidying and grocery shopping for the next few weeks. Alas, I got the 5:30am call to work for the day. Getting organized is the only way I can maintain my own, as well as my family's, sanity.
2. Finishing one project before moving on to the next one. I am notorious for multi-tasking which works well some of the time, but I end of missing things. I cleaned up the disaster that was my craft room after the holiday gift-making was completed and found no less than 10 projects in the works.
3. Spend more time with friends. There are so many people in my life that I genuinely want to go for coffee with, o.r just spend time with, and hopefully now I'll have the time. I also want to reestablish some connections with people. I don't have that I'm-too-busy-with-school excuse any longer. Plus I no longer have the built-in social time with my friends at school.
4. Start running once again. This might have to be a warmer weather endeavour as there is no way that I'm going running in -25 degrees Celcius temperatures. And it's too icy out there. Maybe I'll have to consider a treadmill (ugh). This sendentary life I've been leading for the past year or so is wreaking havoc with my body. I'm anxious to do something active. Maybe yoga once in a while? I'm sure I would benefit from some more relaxing activities.
5. Make my house look pretty. There's a reason why I've been collecting all those DIY decorating magazines for years. I just needed time to source the cheaper materials and put stuff together. My mind has been reeling for the past few days mentally decorating my house. The first stop on the decorating bus is Lizzie's room. It's time to move away from the bubble gum pink.
6. Realize the art of recycling and reusing items and quit hoarding. Most of my Christmas gifts were made using materials that I had in my stash. I've decided that I will concentrate on using the fabrics and yarns that I keep accumulating. I just have too much stuff and it's driving me crazy. I have a whole cupboard full of fabrics that I've been saving for something special. Whatever the "special" is I cannot tell you.
7. Have fun. Probably sounds kind of stupid, but I've spent the last 3 1/2 years waiting to get to this point in my life. Yes, I have had LOTS of fun, but the idea getting to the next stage of my life has always bee.n in the back of my mind. Now I'm here, and now I'm going to enjoy it
Image source: www.glocals.com via Google Images