Sunday, August 31, 2008

Random summertime photos

It's been a cold and rainy day today. Everyone was bundling up today at work and taking lots of extended afternoon naps. People are complaining that summer is over, but I keep thinking, "no it can't be, after all we are the sunniest city in Canada". Other than working all weekend, I have absolutely nothing interesting to report. I'm looking forward to enjoying the long weekend Monday tomorrow with my family and a few friends.

I had a look through some pictures today to remind me about the summer, just a few random snapshots. We really have had a very wonderful and fun few months.

Lizzie perched on a very cool 'pleather' couch at the clay arts studio. Just would not take that lollipop out of her mouth.

Two of the skinniest, yet completely well-nourished, children that I know. We spent a very special afternoon in early August with some dear friends when they came to town. These two little ones, Lizzie & S were the best of friends until they realized they were female and male respectively. I suspect their relationship went seriously downhill the year Lizzie had a "tooth fairy" birthday and invited all the guests, including boys, to dress up like fairies. The final nail in the coffin was Lizzie's decision to paint her room bubblegum pink. S wouldn't even cross the threshold. However, they've since learned to bond over waterslides and arcade games...as long as no one is watching.

This is my friend Oliver "helping" me make the bed. Normally both cats pounce on the bed as soon as I fling the sheet across it. Oliver is just too dumb to get out before I start tucking the sheets in and Rain inevitably starts attacking him when he's "under-cover". 

Help us resolve an ongoing issue in our house. I think this is the sweetest little kitty face and Javier considers him uglier than sin. 

So, what's the verdict, Sweet Face Oliver or "Ugly-ver"?

6 comments:

Madge said...

the kitty is absolutely adorable.....

Anonymous said...

I love oliver...

MJ said...

The weather has been crappy here too. Baking galore has occurred!

As for Oliver, looks like a happy cat to me! Isn't that what matters?

Elle Jay Bee said...

I think your kitty is adorable, as are all your summertime photos!

I have to tell you, I love your laundry room makeover!! May I use the pics (with a link yo your post, of course) to show my readers great examples of real-life laundry room makeovers??

I am having serious deja-vu that I've already asked your permission...I hope not, because that would speak volumes about my failing memory!

Anonymous said...

That is one ugly cat. You should trade it in for a cute one...

Clare said...

The kitty is so adorable - he does look a tab cheesed off though in this picture, but that still doesn't deter from his general cuteness.
Take Care
Clare x