In the end, I only completed one project this past week, it was a good one. Last year, I decided to retired my somewhat unreliable Sears Kenmore circa 1968ish sewing machine that I got for free and bought myself a nice little Janome number. It doesn't have all the bells & whistles but it's definitely an upgrade...it even does buttons & button holes.
I was inspired by this photo from The Crafter's Companion.
I know it doesn't look quite as nice, but it was my first try.
I used an vintage pillowcase to line the cover and some cute bumblebee ribbon for the closure.
Only three more days left until school is officially over and I can't wait. My last assignment is due on Friday, but its a team project so hopefully my work is mostly done.
I had a brief reprieve this past weekend. I went to a movie with Javier & Lizzie. Helped Javier assemble Lizzie's new basketball hoop. I say this very lightly, as I really just sat by and watched and read until he asked for my help. I helped Lizzie put together a jigsaw puzzle. I knit a little, read a little, and transfered some embroidery patterns. I was like a little bumblebee myself, buzzing all over the place. I just couldn't decide what to do. Definitely not the worst problem I've ever had!