Monday, March 28, 2011

The Family Room

It's all finished!

Source: Better Homes & Garden - small space issue (scanned)

Just kidding. I haven't had a moment really to work on the room in months, but this photo above is my inspiration for decorating the room.

I've decided to go with a cream colour for the room and I'm planning to paint the woodwork white. Pretty scary I know but the woodwork is in terrible shape so a little paint can only improve it. I have no idea how to decide what shade of cream to go with. Any suggestions?

Source: Fabric

I really want to go with colourful curtains for the room, but I cannot find anything remotely close to what I want so I think I may have to sew my own. Not looking forward to it particularly, but what's a girl to do?

Living in a smaller cities, our furniture options are rather limited. We've been scoping out alternatives in Calgary, about 3 hours away. Crate and Barrel offers a vast selection.


I'm kind of fond of this Axis sofa and I think that it just might be long enough for Javier's long legs (for napping of course!)

Source: Crate and Barrel

My main criteria for a coffee table are round edges as we've had lots of bruised shins with our current rectangular one and a smooth surface with no grooves or ledges to collect dust. I think this Bel-Air piece might fit the ticket.

Underfoot I'd love to have either of these rugs from the Rug Company in the UK.

Source: Daily Mail



Alas, I don't have an extra $3000 lying around.

Sadly, until I have a more days off in a row than I have lately, my dreams for the room remain just that and the room still looks like this...

Oh my, I've got quite a job in front of me.

1 comment:

MJ said...

Nice choices! I especially like the Rug Company selections!