Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Lists

Here's the one thing I have learned this holiday season. It is impossible to complete a list if you add something new to it everyday! I think I should just stay off the internet. I seem to get too much inspiration and there's just no way I can finish it all!

My packages are almost ready to go. I just have to through one more thing in my mom's box before I seal it up. Hopefully it will still make it.

These boxes are already to go. Post office here I come!

Everything looks to be finished here. I really need to learn how to take better photo.

See my little Charlie Brown tree in the corner. Sad story. Last year our tall tree started smelling suspiciously of smoke a week or so before Christmas. We stripped off the ornaments and tossed it in the yard. Where it remained until Spring (it was very snowy last winter). Finding a new tree so close to the big day was difficult so we were left with this little gem. Last year it lived on an end table, but this year I was inspired to use one of my garden urns. Maybe next year we'll have a full size tree again, but I kind of like this look. Maybe it can be a second tree.

The little numbered bags are Lizzie's advent calendar this year. I put little gifts like earrings or crafts in each bag. Other years I chose activities but we were always too busy to complete them all, so I've gone all materialistic. It's fun though.

Here's what's left to do on my list...
  • Finish my mother-in-law's present. I can't tell you what it is because she checks my blog!
  • Complete two more snowman kits. This was the inspiration for my kits. This blogger has great idea and she shares a lot of her patterns and templates.
  • Sew a table runner for the dining room
Source: www.bhg.com
  • Finish my outdoor pillows (pictured above) for the front porch. Thankfully they are winter-themed and can stay out until spring, so I'm not in a huge hurry to complete them.
  • Purchase one more gift for my father-in-law and some gift certificates for some other friends & family
  • Figure out what to put in my co-workers' stockings. Any ideas for 20 cheap gifts?
  • Plan my Christmas dinner menu
  • Bake some cookies with Lizzie
  • Laundry, laundry, and more laundry
  • Make this for a cute little baby girl I know
  • Find a top to go with the black sequined skirt for Javier's work Christmas Party
  • Find a babysitter for Lizzie for Javier's work Christmas Party
  • Help Santa find a few more stocking stuffers
Yikes! I'm tired just looking at the list and I'm sure it's missed something. Hmmm... I guess I should stop blogging and start doing!

No comments: