Friday, February 13, 2009

44/365 Valentine's Day

Lizzie and I always like to plan something a little special for her Valentines for her friends at school. Last year we made felt fortune cookies inspired by Martha Stewart. 

This is a picture from Martha's website. Ours didn't turn out nearly as well, but they were still fun.

It took a little longer to find our inspiration this year. 

I found this Valentine's Day project on Twig & Thistle

Again, ours didn't turn out quite as well, but as Lizzie likes to remind her perfectionist mother..."it doesn't need to be perfect, mom". Wise beyond her years, that one.

We added some cinnamon and conversation hearts to each bag in addition to the heart shaped brownies.

I couldn't find the same type of bag, so I just found some small brown bags at Michaels (the craft cartel) and printed out a similar graphic onto plain paper before pasting it on to each bag.

We tied them closed with lengths of red ribbon in a tidy little bow.

We had no difficulty getting rid of the leftover brownies. 

3 comments:

3rdEyeMuse said...

I love the special touch you and Lizzie did for friends (and I'm sure they really enjoyed them, too).

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable. Seriously. And Lizzie is very smart.

I love how Michael's is the "craft cartel"!

MJ said...

What a great gift bag for Lizzie's pals! I'm sure the brownies were devoured asap!