Saturday Meme: The First Apartment
1. Where had you moved from?
From my hometown of 6,000 to a HUGE city of 65,000 (or so I thought at the time)
2. Describe your first apartment.
It was awesome! Cinder block walls, painted of course. A big balcony with cut out polka-dots (it was very 60s). Really thin carpet. A coffee tables made out of boards, banana boxes, and placemats. We had a patio table with folding chairs for our dining table. And I loved every minute of living there because it was mine and I was ON MY OWN.
3. How old were you when you had your apartment?
I was a baby - just 18 and very young and naive.
4. Did you have roommates? If yes, tell us more.
I had two roommates. One that I lived with for 5 years. We got into too much trouble together. Oh my! The memories.
5. What was your place of employment then?
I was a waitress at a trendy little restaurant. The people there were so cool and it was one of the best jobs I've ever had. That was after I quit the job that made me wear a pinafore everyday.
6. How were your finances at the time?
Finances were none existent. I spent my tips at the bar on $2 Long Island Iced Tea & Karaoke night. Long Island Iced Tea was the drink of choice at the time.
7. Tell us about a lover who spent a night there.
Lover? Innocent little me. Never.
8. Tell us about a band you listened to then.
New Order, Prince, Erasure, and I think MC Hammer was big that year (but I never listened to him!)
9. How long did you live there and why did you move from there?
I lived there for a year. We left to conquer the even bigger city of 800,000 (or so). Now that was exciting!
"Just a silly meme every Saturday!" from Saturday9