Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Advent

A few years ago, I abandoned store bought advent calendars in favour of the homemade variety. I created a poster board with 25 pockets into which I placed notes for an activity or small gift or special announcement. It was met with instant success and set the tone for every Christmas since.

Lizzie desperately wanted a Christmas tree in her room this year, so I introduced the Advent Tree. Everyday I tie a new handwritten note to one of the branches of this white flocked tree. So far we've had evenings of special hot chocolate and crafting afternoons. 

This little house was the activity from last Sunday. Clever girl that I am, I purchased a Martha Stewart house kit on sale last year and promptly put it away for this year. I put it away so well, that I have NO idea where it is. This little house was made following a pattern from BHG and is a collaborative design between Lizzie and I. Maybe we should become architects?

2 comments:

3rdEyeMuse said...

I'm so loving the smoke coming out of the chimeny! and defintiely believe you'd be great successes as architects!

Tara said...

Hee-hee! I actually wrote a list for myself this year as to where I hid all the gifts so I do not forget!

House came out great!