Friday, August 22, 2008

Embarrassing Songs

Ms. Jillian from Jillian's Pages tagged me this week for an embarrassing songs meme. Will you even visit me again after I reveal that I secretly like these songs?

1. "Start of Something New" by the High School Musical Cast - what can I say? I find it uplifting.

2. "Baby Don't Hurt Me" by Haddaway. Made famous of course by Chris Kattan & Will Farrell on SNL & Night at the Roxbury. My head starts jerking to the right every time the song is on the radio. Can't help myself.

3. "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dione - okay, this one is VERY embarrassing, but I saw part of the movie the other night and then found myself singing along to it quite loudly in the car yesterday. I'm never going to show my face again.

4. "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers - some friends put this on their wedding CD and I find it impossible to starts singing when I hear it. I try for a slightly Western twang, which I'm sure is delightful to all who've ever heard it. I know all the words, except not without the music. I like a song that tells a good story.

5. Every song on the "A Mighty Wind" soundtrack. We lost this CD and frankly, life has never been the same since. I don't really find this too embarrassing and maybe you won't either, especially if you like folksy type music. Plus I love any Christopher Guest mockumentary. However, my sister-in-law thought we were a bit weird when we all (all meaning Javier and I) knew all the words and sung along. I tend to get really carried away when listening to this.

Well, that's it. Hopefully I won't lose all my readers. Do you still respect me?

As this is a meme, I really should be passing it on to others, but I'm never sure who likes and dislikes memes (sort of like the chain letter thing). If you would like to play, please feel free!

4 comments:

MJ said...

I still respect you. I've never heard of "A Mighty Wind" soundtrack so should check it out on iTunes!

I likely know all the lyrics to "A Chorus Line", even the ones I had to fastforward through because they weren't suitable for parental ears. (Fast forwarding was significantly more challenging on cassettes than on CDs!)

Ps: As a student, what would you think if your prof made you take a "how do I learn" test? We were encouraged to do this with our students! I thought they'd think I was outta my tree!

Jodi Anderson said...

I just love this list. This won't make me stop reading you, stalk you maybe, but not quit reading. ;)

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Great post, Ms. O.Rain! Love the songs you chose and yes, I'll still come visit you! I mean after all, my list was pretty darn embarassing. LOL!

Jillian

Unknown said...

I totally love the song from Titanic!